Tuesday, December 23

Singapore Museum.


Today, to cultivate my artistic and zen-like inner-state of mind, I went to National Museum of Singapore. Alone. By myself. Such a big achievement, I know.

Now let the pictures do the talking. (By the way did I forgot to mention that I'd bought a new Olympus camera? I wanted to take a photo of it but apparently I cannot take a photo of a camera using the camera itself. Any other method would be too troublesome... including standing in front of a camera just to take a picture of the camera. It sounds so stupid already!)

And guess what? When I was buying my ticket to Voom Portraits, one of the staff asked me whether I was a student, and what school I was from. I thought he was just being friendly until he tells the receptionist/cashier/ticket seller that I was from SKSS. The receptionist/cashier/ticket seller than proceed to check a list she got somewhere out of the messy table. This is the conversation:

Me (thinking): LOL They actually need to verify whether the school exist of not.

But no, she was like, "You are getting a complimentary ticket to all parts of the museum!"

Me (thinking): OMG yeeessssssss please.

Seriously. I do not know why, maybe they allow students to go in free during the holidays, but there is a certain quota. Like maybe 50 from RGS and about 1 from SKSS because, you know, people are always bias against neighbourhood schools. So I'm not telling which school I'm from to anyone after I graduate LOL.

Oh yes, the pictures. I almost forgot. They are in reverse order, so please see them from the bottom up, because it's the way I place them so you will know which gallery I attended.

BTW, please never ever go to Museum of Singapore History - which is at the same place - unless you like Sec 2 History. Because it is B-O-R-I-N-G as hell. My favourite exhibition is VOOM PORTRAITS by ROBERT WILSON, and my favourite piece was the Princess Carolina, the tenth picture, I think, from bottom up. She's the one with her back facing you. It's somewhat a video installation where you see them looping infinitely forever, until the exhibition closes, that is. You should go watch it, not for me to talk about it. P.s. If the photos look like it's inverted, it is. I rotated wrongly and do not wish to do more sicne it'll lag my computer because of the large picture size. So, once again, happy head rotating and turning day!


No comments: